Sunday, May 26, 2013

Vacation with a little work

The Stripper
29" X 39"


 My husband and I visited good friends in Harbor Island, SC this past week.  I knew I was going to be out of the studio all week but I really needed to get some finish work done . I prepared two pieces and got them ready for hand work to do while riding in the car.  After almost a year and a half of working on this piece it is now officially done.









A study in Green
12" X 12"

I posted this piece last week while I was still in the midst of beading.  I finished that and sewed the binding down.  This is my donation to the SAQA auction.

I also worked with my friend, Ann while at her home on the Typographic Portraits.  I was able to show her how to create a text portrait of her granddaughter.  It was good practice for my class that begins June 2.

That's it for this week, I will be busy the rest of this week preparing my supplies, samples, etc. to take to J..C. Campbell Folk School next week.

I should have lots to share from that class next week. See you then.
This post is linked to www.ninamariesayre.blogspot.com











3 comments:

  1. These are really wonderful pieces. I know there was a lot of work involved in these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, Isn't it good we love what we do and don't expect anything for our time?

      Delete
  2. I love your cabbage quilt and the beads are just the right touch. It's sure to get some good bids.

    ReplyDelete