Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Poster Quilt







Recently my friend Lynda Doll and her husband Ted visited us for a few days. I met Lynda through teaching at her guild in North Georgia. We became friends and visit each other several times a year.

Lynda belongs to a fiber art group in her area. They have taken on a challenge that will last for two years. I think I remember that there are about twenty in this group. Each member was to choose a poster that they liked and wanted it created in fiber. They were to cut it up into pieces, as many as they wanted, in any shape they wanted.

Each member drew pieces, most having at least four pieces to get done. They chose the order of due date by alphabetical order. Lynda having the last name of Doll was one of the first to have her pieces finished.

When they visited, Lynda brought her piece for me to see. She hasn't sewn it together yet but I think you will get the idea.

This type of project if one I would very much like to do. Maybe when I find just the right photograph I can find enough people who are interested in joining me with a challenge.

2 comments:

  1. That's really beautiful. I've always wanted to participate in one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki, looking forward to getting those samples.

    ReplyDelete