Friday, July 18, 2014

On Entering Shows

I just spent about an hour in a thoughtful post about entering shows. Being accepted or not and lost the whole post. My piece "The Waterboy" was accepted in IQA Houston this year. I'm a very happy camper.




I don't have time to regurgitate my lost post so I will just add this, if you didn't make it this year don't take it personal. Enter that piece in another show. Don't give up. I've seen a piece  win in one show, and be rejected from another. It's happened to me. Maybe I'm naive but I always have hope. Sometimes that's enough.

This post is linked to www.ninamariesayre.blogspot.com


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

  1. you are talking to me here, as I got a no go on my entry. It's hanging in Hershey next week, and I'll enter it other places, cause you tole me to. Congrats on your acceptance!! LeeAnna Paylor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leann thanks and I'm glad you tried again. I love your blog.

      Delete
  2. It's a wonderful piece and such a tribute to your little grandson...I see a "ribbon" in your future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch.u

      Delete
  3. Congratulations !! Yes I know about rejection, and yep - it pays off to try again ;-)) And: your piece is truly wonderful - I love the "catch the moment" of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the "catch the moment" was the thing I liked best about this photo. I took quite a few that day and this was by far t'm favorite

      Delete