Friday, November 15, 2013

A Little of This and a Little of That

I thought I might have a post this week on the progression of my newest piece in my Fabricating Nature Series. However, I've had a few other things that have taken my attention for most of the week.

I am in the process of redoing my web site and that I have found to be very time consuming. I also drove to GA. to do a lecture for the Early Bird Quilt Guild in  Conyers.
What a busy group of ladies. This is a fairly small guild but a very active one. This photo shows them displaying squares that will end up in Quilt's of Valor. The lady to the left in white, I apologize for not having her name, is one of the GA organizers for Quilts of Valor. She told the group how many request she had for quilts just in GA. and it was a large amount. Quilts of Valor is such a wonderful organization and the recipients appreciate the quilts so much. I still hope to get one made for our area group.
These ladies are showing off the many pillow cases they made for the kids cancer unit in their area. Another great project.

I just wanted to add my thanks to this group for their assistance helping me get things out of my car and setting up my trunk show. I don't always get this kind of help and it is very much appreciated. Thanks ladies.



Yesterday I went to our HiFiber Art Group meeting. Laurie Crino, one of our members gave us a presentation on mixed media. Laurie came to our group as a paper artist. Well, she's still a paper artist but she now also works in fiber.
 Laurie showed us many products that work both for paper and fiber. She gave us lots of tips on inexpensive and sometimes recycled items to use. One of those being old slide holders. Now how many of these things have I thrown away.








I really loved these pieces she used for her demo. Just my colors. As her presentation evolved we all decided that what we really needed was for Laurie to have a workshop. Before the meeting ended Laurie had agreed and we have set up a time in late Jan. after the busy holiday season.













More of the interesting things Laurie showed us today. I'll be sure to post about that workshop.

Hopefully I will have some time this weekend and next week to do a little more work on my new piece.

This post is linked to www.ninamariesayre.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment