Friday, October 11, 2013

An Apology to The Warm Co and Steam A Steam


 I'm at the coast this week having a wonderful relaxing visit with friends. I decided this was a good time for me to issue an apology to the Warm Co.

I recently received a new package of Steam A Seam made by The Warm Company. I ordered the new and improved product because I noticed that the packaging was not like the package I THOUGHT was their new product. That's because it wasn't.

A month or so ago I wrote a rant about the new Steam A Seam lite. Because I use a product needing a sticky back in one of my classes I have been investigating this type of product that is available on the market. While browsing the internet I noticed that the bags of Steam A Steam that were posted did not look like the bag that I had so much trouble with. Upon further investigating of the package I realized that the product was made by Pellon. In defense of myself I did not purchase that product. During one of my classes the facilitator shopped for Steam A Seam. This product was brought back for our use. The name was similar but different. Since Steam A Seam had redesigned their product I didn't pay that much attention. It diffidently was not Steam A Seam. I only realized this when I went on line to look up the new Steam A Seam.

I ordered the new product and find it to be as good if not better for my use. The paper covering the fusible releases better than the old product. So my apologies to Steam A Steam and Warm & Co. From now on I promise to know what I'm talking about before I open my mouth or post a rant.


This post is linked to www.ninamariesayre.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the correction Marilyn, now I will know what to buy when I need some more fusible. Love your picture of the seagulls. Hubby and I have been traveling south down the coast and enjoying the beautiful scenery that the west coast has to offer. In that spirit, I have recently been attempting to paint some seagulls from photographs which I have taken. It is a real learning experience. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this. I'll have to take a look at what I have in my drawer. I had a lot of trouble with the release paper last time I fused, too. I bet I have a different product, also. I just bought whatever was on sale. Since I always sew over to add security anyway and never count on the glue to hold it down permanently, I don't worry about the fusible product. But it was awfully inconvenient to use with release paper so hard to remove last time. I guess product name does matter.

    ReplyDelete