Wednesday, June 24, 2009

SC's Own Dairy Barn

This is the location of a dying workshop given to Lake and Mountain Quilt Guild by Bonnie Ouellette. I just had to play off the Dairy Barn. While I have never seen the Dairy Barn in Ohio I'm quite sure it doesn't look like this.

The workshop was on the hottest day we have seen this Summer. I'm not sure what the temp. reached that day but it was at least 96 degrees. The workshop coordinator worked hard to keep us as cool as possible with fans and plenty of water. Actually the barn proved to be a good location for the dying class, we didn't have to worry about spills and mess. We had an occasional piece of hay floating in the water but it only absorbed a little dye.

I left early and drove with my husband to visit our daughter's family in Mt. Pleasant. I left my fabric in the bags of dye, Bonnie said they would be OK, so I am spending today rinsing and rinsing. This is by far the hardest part of dying your own fabric. I worked mostly on gradations because of the art work I do. After they are all rinsed, dried and ironed I will post a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment