Friday, June 12, 2009

A Happy Garden

This old fence has such a wonderful story. Several years ago the church my Mother-In-Law attends wanted to clean up the cemetery. What they actually wanted to do was get rid of all the fences to make it easier to maintain. They had to have permission from a family member in order to remove the fences. My Mother-In-Law is one of this churches biggest supporters, and I don't necessarily mean money wise. She puts in long hard hours working to help her church. At first she didn't want the fence taken down but finally decided that she would give her OK. However, she told them that she wanted the fence delivered to her house. My husband and I were building our log home at the time and she asked if we could like to have some of the units. Fortunately none of the other children wanted any of the pieces so we ended up with enough to go across the front of our yard. We were also lucky enough to get the gate. I love this fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment